Wednesday, January 27, 2010

{Baby Update}

The biggest news is that I made it through the first trimester ALIVE!!! I wasn't sure on some of those days. I was lucky and never threw up once! But unlucky in the fatigue area, I have never been so tired in my entire life. There were a couple weeks that I was lucky to shower once during the whole 2 weeks(eww I know), I felt like I had the flu the entire time so I would say that yes I did get sick just never the "morning sickness". I also had a really hard time with food and smells, I would be so ravenously hungry that I would have some serious hunger pains but wouldn't be able to eat because food is disgusting. I ended up losing weight during all that.

I went in to an appointment last week and the Dr. is great and we love him!! He felt something on the right side of my uterus that caused some concern so he had me come in this morning to get an ultrasound to check it out. There were two things he was concerned it was either a fibroid tumor or a separated uterus like my sister had. So we had been nervous the last few days. Turned out that it is just my ovary on my right side that is close to the uterus and that's what the Dr. felt last week!! WHEW!!! We feel so much better now that we know I am healthy and the baby is too! Absolutely nothing to worry about =)

Having that ultrasound today was so incredible, I know all you mommies understand what I can't express. I was crazy to watch this little thing wiggle all around and not feel a thing and think oh my heavens that's inside me!!! Surreal.
We are SO excited to be parents and I can't wait for the bump to show!! Now that I am feeling great it's getting more fun! Preston has been FANTASTIC and took such good care of me while I was lying stinky on the couch! He'll be such a good daddy!!

Here's a little peek at our little one!!


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

It's so amazing how they can take pictures like that, they are so detailed. Sorry you've been sick, hopefully the worst is over!

Erin said...

So glad everything is OK! And I totally remember being so hungry but having nothing to eat..yes, yes I do! I am so excited for you two

Michelle said...

Tara, your little one is so cute. That's weird to say but I think it so amazing. I love being a mom and I know you are too and you and Preston will be great parents!!

Dan and Holly said...

What a sweet little baby! I am so excited for you two!! Way to go on making it through the 1st trimester! I loved the 2nd tri., my energy came back, the belly starts to poke, the baby starts to move... it's really fun! Post lots of pics!

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

It truly is such a blessing and miracle to be carrying a cute little innocent baby. I'm so glad you made it out of the 1st trimester alive. The 2nd timester is GREAT you get the cute little bump and your energy comes back you just feel like superwoman. I loved it! There is nothing more wonderful than to be a mother. The love that you will feel the moment you see your new little bundle is so Indescribable. I know you are going to make an amazing mom! Congrats! I can't wait to see that cute bump on you...you better post lots of pics!!!